Welcome to Litchfield Baseball Association
Welcome to Litchfield Baseball Association (LBA). We want this to be a great experience for your child (or children) and you.
Our mission statement is to assist the youth of our community in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork, and leadership. Sports are one of the greatest resources for our youth to learn many critical life skills. By advocating the virtues of character, courage, and loyalty, the LBA program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than superior athletes.
Below is a little more detail to let you know what is expected of your youth athlete and what you can expect of the coaches.
Goals and Guiding Principles:
- Create fun, safe, and competitive environment for the youth of our community to play baseball.
- Develop the qualities of citizenship, discipline, and teamwork amongst the players.
- Promote having fun through sportsmanship, competitiveness and achieving personal goals.
- Promote the development of baseball skills.
- The league personnel, parents, and all participants share the responsibility of making Little League a safe and wholesome activity.
- Each child who wishes to play ball should be entitled to do so regardless of skill, gender, or financial circumstances.
- Develop managers, coaches, and umpires that uphold the objectives and guiding principles of the League.
- Create long-term community involvement
Expectations we have of the Coaches:
- 100% commitment and respect for your kids as individuals and for the team.
- Positive attitudes and constant encouragement.
- An appropriate level of challenging the kids to work hard, which will result in positive results on the field. There is a delicate balance between pushing too hard and not pushing hard enough at the young ages. If you think we're pushing too much, or not enough, just let us know.
- Structured practices with an appropriate mix of repetition to breed baseballl instinct and new drills/routines to avoid boredom and learn new aspects of the game.
Expectations we have of the kids:
- Great attitudes! This is CRITICAL in baseball because it is a game of individual effort and teamwork. If we get discouraged every time a team gets hits or scores runs on us, we will be defeated. We want the kids to stay calm, dig in and work through it. Similarly, when we make hits and score runs on other teams, we want the kids not to be complacent but continue to work hard. If one kid gets down, it can quickly bring everyone down.
- Work as a TEAM: Baseball is fun when you work as a team. That means EVERYONE plays unselfishly, plays tough in the field, at bat, and hustles..etc
- Attend practices and be on time for games (30 minutes before a game for warm-ups).
- Listen and Learn: We hope and expect all kids that want to play, hustle and have fun. Everyone needs to understand their part and execute. They are accountable to each other and to the coaches. In order to succeed, EVERYONE must listen, learn and execute.
- Show great sportsmanship ... Win or Lose.
- Most of all HAVE FUN!